Import markdown not working

Paul Noferi February 21, 2019

Hi, I try to import my wiki from github into confluence by copy / pasting the markdown content oof them into Insert -> Markup , but when I select markdown from the pop-up page, it import me as the markup format into confluence.
Even so, when I try to select the menu Insert -> Markup again, nothing show. I need to clean my cache to be able to do it again, I use Google chrome, I also tried with Firefox, and the same thing append.

Do you have any insight of what I do wrong ?

8 answers

5 votes
Bert Blommers May 21, 2019

Same here.

First time I try to open the Markdown window: I can see the popup, and can insert Markdown-formatted text. The Markdown-preview looks OK, but when clicking 'Insert', the page itself is a mess.

The second time I try to open the Markdown window I get this console error:
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

in persistent-storage.js

And nothing happens.

4 votes
Engin Erenturk June 18, 2019

When you click embed markup then cancel it persists an empty text (I guess). because then it starts to throw this error (all browsers).

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token M in JSON at position 0
at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
at Object.get (persistent-storage.js:29)
at On (editor_plugin_src.js:97)
at UC.<anonymous> (editor_plugin_src.js:387)
at i.exec.<computed> (atlassian-editor.min.js:1)
at T.execCommand (atlassian-editor.min.js:1)
at UC.execCommand (atlassian-editor.min.js:12)
at UC.b [as execCommand] (batch.js?externals=__local-default__&locale=en-GB:508)
at adg3-plugin.js:160
at HTMLLIElement.<anonymous> (adg3-plugin.js:441)

And error is in

value = JSON.parse(persistedValue);

of the following function

function get(name, scope, defaultValue) {
const storageKey = getStorageKey(name, scope);
const persistedValue = storeManager.getItem(storageKey);
let value;
if (persistedValue !== null) {
// un-stringify the value
value = JSON.parse(persistedValue);
} else if (typeof defaultValue !== "undefined") {
value = defaultValue;
} else {
value = null;
}
return value;
}
4 votes
Odne Hellebø April 24, 2019

I have the same issue.

First I try to enter markdown, and it sort of works.

But when I want to try again, the bloody thing doesn't even show up...

Is there a possibility to import a document and it will be interpreted as markdown allowing me to write documents offline?

4 votes
Samuel Silva April 15, 2019

Same here, the markdown is not imported as it should, though the preview shows the markdown being correcly interpreted (but when I publish, the result is not the same)

vcostescu April 17, 2019

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Olya Dayneko June 12, 2019

I have the same issue

3 votes
Lydia Wang June 11, 2019

I'm getting this issue as well, I can't even see the pop up any more.

1 vote
Gareth Fuller June 27, 2019

clear local storage to see the modal again. as per the answer above. I have a related issue though that even if I choose markdown from the dropdown in the modal and the preview looks good in the modal I always get 'wiki content' on clicking the CTA.

jexgrizzle October 22, 2019

💯

0 votes
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2019

Hi Paul,

If you are not able to import markdown, you can use add-on we released recently: All-in-one File Importer for Confluence

It supports importing markdown files as well as Word, ODT and many others. If you have Github wiki, you can clone (download) them to your PC and use our file importer plugin. It supports multiple files at once, so if you have many files, you can import at once.

Please give it a try and give us feedback if you see any issues. You can install from here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221333/all-in-one-file-importer-for-confluence

Suggest an answer