I am planning to use the csv importer to convert from HP QC to JIRA and have started to test convert. But there are issues with the Norwegian letters, how do I spesify the correct setup?
The Norwegian letters are OK when I create new issues, only a problem when I import.
We did a migration form QC and used the External System Import option (administration options).
We had to use file encondig ISO-8859-1 for the special characters to be imported correctly into JIRA (in our case they were only Spanish characters like áéíóúñ).
You have to click on the Advance option to see the File encoding field.
You could use this the JaM plugin which linked HPQC to Jira. It will preserve much more of the history of the defect and match it to the Jira data model.
With your CSV data, is the data in the CSV formatted in UTF-8 correctly? If you open the CSV in a text editor, does it look ok? Does it import into Excel correctly?
It looks OK when i open it in a text editor or in excel.
It does not look OK in the setup field mapping in the import process.
I create the file in excel and capsulate the text fields with "".
I will also check out the plugin. That might be better, even if its a one time convertion.
Since Jira importer should support UTF-8, I'm wondering if the problem is in the exact encoding of the CSV file that Excel produces (even if it appears to look ok to your text editor)
A qucik search shows some possible workarounds:
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG