Import data from Clubhouse to Jira

Taseer Ahmed May 5, 2021

Hi Atlassian team! 

We are using Clubhouse within our organisation, but for obvious reasons, we would like to migrate Jira. Is there any guide on how to map the issue types between the two ?

My current understanding is that we map the issue types as follows:

ClubHouse -> Jira

Milestones -> Epics

Epics -> Stories

(Stories)- Feature -> Feature (custom type issue)

(Stories) - Bugs -> Bugs

(Stories) - Chores -> Tasks

Is this mapping correct ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks :)

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2021

Hi Taseer,

While I'm not an expert on how clubhouse organizes issue data, from a review their definition of Epic, it feels to be very much in line with our own concept of what an Epic is.  Which would then lead me to ask, what do they consider a Milestone? In my opinion the equivalent in Jira would be something like an custom hierarchy level in Advanced Roadmaps, such as an Initiative.

That said Advanced Roadmaps is only available in Cloud under our Premium Service plan.  If you are not planning to use the Premium service, then perhaps you could map this issue data differently as you have suggested, but my fear is that some of the relational aspects of this issue data (such as how it relates to other issues) might not be maintained when migrating data between platforms. 

I believe that the other issue types, such as feature, bug, chore/task can all easily be equivalents between platforms. I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer