It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Import csv into Next-Gen project?

Can I import a CSV file into a next-gen project?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Seems we will need to wait for the Next-Gen projects to gain more functionality.

I'm not sure about importing directly to an existing next gen project, but as a workaround you could import the issues into a normal Jira project then move them over to the next gen project as specified in this documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/migrate-from-an-next-gen-project-to-a-classic-project-957974933.html?_ga=2.112368196.1975728425.1544404650-1760366298.1538725681

Hope this helps!

Yes, I did exactly this. The biggest challenge is the custom fields. I modified / created the fields with exactly the same names on both projects, but the Move does not map the fields so the values are not moved over. Bummer!

How about copying the issues instead of moving them?  There are some people who said they did that here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Everything-you-want-to-know-about-next-gen-projects-in-Jira/ba-p/894773

Look at Joshua Sabol's comment

Works for me - need to use in my CSV:

• Issue Type: "Subtask"

and in my config.txt

• "jira.field" : "parent id"
  • "jira.field": "Story point estimate"

We had to abandon assigning the imported tickets to a Sprint because the Sprint field seems to require an ID, not the name.

0 votes
Dario Atlassian Team Sep 19, 2019

Hello,

I am adding this in case other users are going to search for a way to do so.

Importing issues from CSV to next-gen projects is possible as long as you don't map any custom field in the Next-Gen project. This is because of the below bug:

Please review above bug ticket for details. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

314 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you