Import Jira tickets with attachments

Jaideep Moorthy April 28, 2021

I am moving Jira project from one organization to another. The first organization has provided me the csv export along with attachments in a zip file. I would like to import this into Jira cloud. The csv file has attachment links to the jira of the first organization for which I don't have access.

In the CSV file, the attachment field has the actual url from the Jira of the first organization. The attachment folder is of the structure Project->Ticket id->attached files. Should I manually change the folders for attachment?

How do I import the attachments from the zip file?

1 answer

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Jaideep Moorthy 

When performing a migration between instances using CSV, its better to import the issues first then import the attachments later on. I would suggest you use an API method to import attachments as it simplifies the process. Another thing you have to take note of, is that you need access to those attachments if you want to transfer it out from one instance to another.

Jaideep Moorthy April 29, 2021

I am using the API method. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/bulk-import-attachments-to-jira-server-issues-via-rest-api-729750741.html  Unfortunately, I am getting 400 error and unable to upload the attachments.

Jaideep Moorthy April 29, 2021

Finally imported the attachments. There was an error in the script from Atlassian. The basic authentication and token authentication were swapped. I hope they fix it. 

Suggest an answer