Import CSV error - You cannot specify 'None' as an option together with other options

Minakshi November 15, 2018

Hi I am trying to import CSV file with no blank columns. However i am facing an error - 

ERROR - Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ You cannot specify 'None' as an option together with other options ]

Please advise. I have tried removing one by one column to find out root couse column but no luck.

Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Joy R. Davidson August 2, 2023

Hi - Here are a couple of answers for 2023:

1) I found that the first value of a multi-select field must contain a value.

2) The logs for Jira Cloud are now referenced during the import process.  Look at the bottom of the messages.

Cheers,

Joy

0 votes
Timo Matzke September 9, 2020

Hi all. Maybe this issue occurs still for anybody. I was facing the same.

In the importer you can check the detailed protocol. I have identified the impacted rows:

In my case I tried to import a value to a multiselect custom field that was not defined. Either you ignore the field in the import or you add the value before as JIRA/Project-Admin.

Greeting from Hamburg.

0 votes
Brian Boyle February 11, 2020

I was able to resolve this error by reviewing all values in my multi-select columns and confirming their values exist as options in the jira field configuration.

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2018

Hi @Minakshi

sounds like a select list loaded with multiple options selected one of which is ‘none’.

none means no value for optional select lists and is not a valid value to load alongside actual values

do you have details of the record that is failing?

Minakshi November 18, 2018

I understood the error but couldn't find where i have added none values

I am getting error for each of the record i am trying to import .

Attached sample for you from CSV-

Custom field (Epic Link),Summary,Description,Custom field (Acceptance Criteria),Component/s,Component/s,Component/s,Labels,Custom field (Delivery Channels),Custom field (Delivery Channels),Custom field (Delivery Channels),Issue Type,Fix Version/s,Assignee,Custom field (Business Owner),Custom field (Business Requirements),Custom field (UI designs)
TP-64,HTML:Mandatory Login to purchase (Logged out Member),"As a member,
I should be able to login to my account
So that I can purchase a plus subscription.
Does customer needs to be fully logged in or partially logged in is fine?
Assumption -
ASIS Login functionality.
Applicable Delivery Channel : Desktop, Mobile WEB, APP
Impacted Components : abc.com","GIVEN that I am member and I received an email notification for plus product and I am not logged to my account
WHEN I click on email offer link on Desktop browser
THEN I must be navigated to login page of online (abc.com) with all existing validation unchanged
WHEN I click on email offer link on Mobile device and don't have app downlaoded
THEN I must be navigated to login page of online - mobile browser (abc.com) with all existing validation unchanged
IF I chose to open APP as per device suggestion, I must be navigated to download the app, install the app and I must login to my account
WHEN I click on email offer link on Mobile device and I have app downloaded
THEN I must be navigated to login page of the app with all existing validation unchanged
WHEN I enter my account credentials
THEN it must be authenticated and for incorrect details, I must be informed by customised error message",EK.com,NA,NA,NA,Desktop,Mobileweb,APP,Story,Phase 1,s909169,SKYWARDS,Must Have,No Changes in UI

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2018

Hi @Minakshi

I see what you mean. So if you import that one record you will get the error?

if i read this CSV correctly you have

Component/s,Component/s,Component/s

EK.com,NA,NA,

Does NA mean you have no value? All CSV imports I have seen use blank entries

e.g. 

EK.com,,,

Also did you create an import configuration? Is that all correct.

NA is component i have created so its value. I added this as i thought i was getting error because of leaving the entries blank

I think Import configuration is correct as i saved the configuration file after mapping fields which is below -

{
"config.version" : "2.0",
"config.project.from.csv" : "false",
"config.encoding" : "UTF-8",
"config.email.suffix" : "@",
"config.field.mappings" : {
"Custom field (Delivery Channels)" : {
"existing.custom.field" : "12215"
},
"Assignee" : {
"jira.field" : "assignee"
},
"Component/s" : {
"jira.field" : "components"
},
"Custom field (Business Owner)" : {
"existing.custom.field" : "10702"
},
"Custom field (Business Requirements)" : {
"existing.custom.field" : "10901"
},
"Labels" : {
"jira.field" : "labels"
},
"Custom field (Epic Link)" : {
"existing.custom.field" : "10006"
},
"Custom field (Acceptance Criteria)" : {
"existing.custom.field" : "10917"
},
"Issue Type" : {
"jira.field" : "issuetype"
},
"Custom field (UI designs)" : {
"existing.custom.field" : "10921"
},
"Fix Version/s" : {
"jira.field" : "fixVersions"
},
"Summary" : {
"jira.field" : "summary"
}
},
"config.value.mappings" : { },
"config.delimiter" : ",",
"config.project" : {
"project.type" : null,
"project.key" : "TP",
"project.description" : null,
"project.url" : null,
"project.name" : "Skywards Plus",
"project.lead" : "s376712"
},
"config.date.format" : "dd/MMM/yy h:mm a"
}

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2018

Hi

wondering if the import doesn't handle receiving the same value for the same field.

sometimes Jira error messages are misleading.

not sure what else to suggest at the mo. it all looks clean on 'paper'

Exactly. I even tried deleting one by one column to make sure if i could find out which column has this error but no luck. and now i have 40 rows to be imported and i cant. Is there any other way to find teh solution?

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2018

Hi

do you have access to server logs?

there may be more details of fields there

Are you saying issues won’t import even when you’ve removed everything but the mandatory fields

yes thats right ...even with only summary field .

I am not sure how to access server logs

I am able to import with summary description and acceptance criteria now so i removed all other fields 

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2018

Hi

If you're on a server installation, the logs are in <jira-home>/log/atlassian-jira.log

I don't think you can access logs on cloud and will have to ask support.

Anyhow - I can only suggest adding one field back at a time until it breaks and check every piece of config of that field. mandatory? option match file? I know that's obvious stuff but it's hard to make more specific suggestions in the forum. There is nothing in the data you've shown that doesn't match the CSV import syntax.

Sure Thanks

Gianni Pucciani October 11, 2019

I am running into the same issue.

The error disappears when I specify only the first value for the multi-select field. 

Did anybody managed to fix this?

Suggest an answer