Images missing for cloned issues

Danilo Resende April 25, 2019

Hello, the images on Issue description are missing when I clone a Jira Issue, check the screenshots below. Am I missing something? Or is this a bug?

Original issue

description-with-inline-image.pngCloned Issue:inline-image-missing-from-cloned.png

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2019

Hi Danilo,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us, I was able to replicate the same behaviour on my test instance and validated that it only happens when using the new issue view.
Based on that, I created a bug for our dev team to check:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71950
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates.

Regards,
Angélica

Ben_Chamberlain May 1, 2020

I'm experiencing a similar issue. This may technically be a feature request but feels like a bug.

I have JIRA automation to set up a clone of a JIRA from our discovery board to our development board under a condition.

2020-05-01 at 11.42 AM.png

Attached images do not load. Retry does not load them. Looking at the documentation, it seems cloned issues are not expected to have working attachments/images. For my workflow, not having images on clones takes away the value of cloning.

Allocations May 11, 2020

Same experience as both of these above cases.

Bikash Agarwal July 16, 2020

It is very annoying. Beside, also when exporting to the word, it still does not load the images, rather provides the link. Annoying.

Deleted user August 10, 2020

Hello Angélica,

Is there an expected resolution time for this issue?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2020

Hello @[deleted],

Welcome to Community!

We still don't know when it will be fixed. I see that you added a comment asking for an update on the bug and also, someone from Atlassian added an internal comment asking for an update. 

Checking internally, I see that they are already talking about rolling out a fix for this bug, so let's wait for a few days to check if they will add an update on the bug ticket.

If they don't, I'll ask them again next week.

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user August 24, 2020

The issue is not yet fixed and is really annoying. It has been open for 5 months. Kindly expedite the bug fix.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2020

I sent a message to our devs again and they said that it's a long term backlog. They will fix but it's planned for farther in the future.

The workaround, for now, is to go to the old view and append some text on the description and then go back to the new view. The steps are mentioned in this comment.

Like Vitor Lima likes this
Paul April 8, 2021

Kit Teguh March 6, 2023

Any updates for this issue? When my cloned ticket is created, I need to manually reattach the images from the original ticket, which is time consuming and just add more unnecessary work. Can the Atlassian team address this issue sooner rather than later instead of taking literally years to even consider fixing the issue?

Ingram Canterbury April 10, 2023

This is clearly a big issue and it seems to be split amongst several tickets, none of which are "truly" resolved. This is a significant limitation for my team.

0 votes
Amanda Coughlin April 9, 2024

If you create an automation rule you can select the fields to copy description and attachment and that worked for me as a quick workaround. StoryAutomation.png

0 votes
Jonathan Cooke March 27, 2023

I don't understand how this is so low on the priority list. The clone function is effectively broken and I have to manually re-copy the contents from the original ticket every time I have images (which is most of the time). The work around in the ticket does not work.

Suggest an answer