If i upgrade to latest version of jira , will my plugin work in that..?

manish dey February 12, 2012

hi Atlassian,

i have created my plugin in 4.3.2 version of jira, now we are planning to upgrade to jira latest version, in such case does my plugin work same in latest version as it does in the 4.3.2 version..

thank you,

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2012

hey hi jobin,

thanks for u r reply,

am ur fan, i follow ur site and pdf files.

thanks again

i have gone through http://checkup.atlassian.com. there he is asking for ( Choose an Atlassian plugin jar to check, either by uploading a file from your machine or providing a URL from which the plugin can be downloaded. )..i just didnt get which jar do i upload....wen i have uploaded my plugin it is giving error message like ( You didn't enter a file name or a valid HTTP url. )..

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2012

It is your plugin jar that you need to upload. Not sure if there is an issue with the site but it used to work fine.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2012

Btw, details of the changes in JIRA 4.4 can be found here : http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Plugin+Developer+Notes+for+JIRA+4.4

You might want to have a look and see if any of these changes affects your plugin or not.

0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2012

Just a heads up, as you have this question marked as "JIRA-OnDemand"...if this is an OnDemand instance, you would want to check out the OnDemand plugin policy.

Suggest an answer