If i accidentally delete project, how i can restore it?

1 answer

4 votes

You will need to get the last backup you took.

Are you using the routine built-in xml export as the backup or a full database backup?

I new in JIRA and never done backup.  The system does not automatically does this?

By default, it does, unless you've turned it off. Go to admin, press gg and type in "backup" into the search, that will find you the places to look to find out where the standard xml backup has been placed

ok, search "backup" results: workflows xml backup and restore backup manager services backup where look xml placed?

The backup manager should give you the directory to look in.

i enter in "backup manager", and enter WebDav, but there exist one directory "dump_files", and it empty(

Ah, are you on "Cloud"?

Ah. Then I'm afraid you are stuck. You have to trigger backups on Cloud for yourself in that screen, and then download the results. If you haven't been doing that, then you don't have a backup. (Before you worry about your system data - Cloud *is* backed up, but it's done for system recovery in case of a serious problem, not for accidental deletions, so I'm not sure it's in a useful format for recovering a deleted project) I don't know if Cloud support will restore an older one of their backups for you, or at least give you a copy. You can but ask at https:\\support.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,097 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you