If a custom field value is true, how can I require a linked issue before it can be closed?

Allison Humphrey June 13, 2017

I have a custom checkbox field on my issue type and if it is marked, then I want to require that there must be a linked issue before this issue can be closed out.  

I'm pretty sure it can be done via a Validator for the transition to move to Resolved/closed as I can see how to validate if the checkbox is marked or not, but then I can't figure out how to then require the linked issue.  

Something like an IF/THEN statement...

IF (cfvalue = True,) THEN (linked issue is required).

Any help would be greatly appreicated.  

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2017

Hi Allison,

I would take a look at the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions' Conditional execution or use a post function in JMWE to set a linked issue in the transition.  You could create the post function and then set the condition using JWME.  Hopefully that works out for you.  

Other users have also used ScriptRunner to achieve similar results.  Hopefully one of these optiosn will work out for your use case!

Cheers,

Branden

Allison Humphrey June 15, 2017

Thanks Branden,

I have already been through both JMWE & ScriptRunner and was not able to figure out how to do this.  That's why I asked the community.  I was hoping to be able to wright a IF/THEN statement, but I don't know enough about coding to be able to do this correctly.  

So if anyone else has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Allison

Suggest an answer