If I remove a component from a project, dies it remove from issues as well?

Todd Winton January 6, 2017

We have a component that is being broken out into a new project and will apply to the project it currently lives in.  If I remove the component from the project, does it also remove from the existing issue in the current project?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

Actually, yes, it is removed from the issues.  Unless you're on a very old version of JIRA

You will still find it in the history of course.

Deleting a component also asks you what you'd like to do:

There are issues related to this component, specify what is to be done with them.

Related Issues (1)
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2017

Ha, I might have misread the question. I was implying that it doesn't remove the issue itself!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2017

No, it doesn't. But it will be easier to bulk edit those issues to a different component, if you like, before you delete the old component. Will be easier to search!

Todd Winton January 6, 2017

Thank you, that answers the concerns I had.  

Suggest an answer