If I purchased a year Jira cloud with 200 users, and added 50 users when I use, should I pay 50 usrs

924008493 May 9, 2019

I have a question for the Jira cloud for annual purchasing.

The sample background:

If I purchased 200 users Jira cloud for a year now(10th, May 2019 purchased), and for needs, I added new 50 users in it in Aug. 2019. So before we went to the end of license(10th, May 2020), should I pay for the new 50 users before we subscribe next year license? As these 50 users used Jira from Aug.2019 to the end(May,2020).

Also if I want to subscribe next year, whether I should pay for all 250 users fee?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2019

You don't "add" users, you move up the tiers.  When you go from 200 to 250, you stop paying for 200 and start paying for 250.

Atlassian's licence payment system does all the work for you, taking account of existing licences that have been paid for already.

Ruoyu Hu May 11, 2019

Well ,I know that when you update from 200 to 250, the next year bill will based on 250. But my point is that, if updating during using this year(before go to the end of license), whether need to pay for these 50 users using during this year, and these part will be calculated into the next year subscription? As these additional 50 usrs also used jira cloud during this year.

Like Mikhail Bashlykov likes this
Ruoyu Hu May 11, 2019

As we know that,jira cloud could add users when you using

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2019

Yes, you will be charged for moving up to the next tier, and yes, it will be part of your subscription charge.

Ruoyu Hu May 12, 2019

I see now. I have onequestion, do you know how to calculate these 50 users using fee, as this will be contained into the next year bill and show all amout directly.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2019

Look at the cost of a year's licence for 250 users.  Subtract the cost of your current licence's months left.

924008493 May 12, 2019

I once got a formula from other helpers:

This is how upgrade price is calculated in case customer wants to have more users in the course of the subscription year:

New Subscription Price × (days left in subscription term / 365)
minus
Old Subscription Price × (days left in subscription term / 365)
equals
Prorated total due for the upgrade for the remainder of the subscription term.

I make a sample as below,hope get your confirmation:

For example:
the customer purched 200 usrs now(10th May. 2019) , and the annual price of 200 users is $12,000.
And they add 50 users in 10th Aug. 2019. The annual price for 250 users the next year it should be $15,050

So for these 50 users, we should charge them as below accordig your reply:

New Subscription Price(250 users annual price: $15,050) × (365/ 365)
minus
Old Subscription Price(200 users annual price: $12,000) × (the days that 50 users from using to the end of old license: 274 / 365)
equals
The fee that 50 users should pay for the using Jira cloud in 2019.

Like Darlene likes this

Suggest an answer