IP and Port information for JIRA

Karolis Vrubliauskas April 28, 2017
We are running Windows Jira server 7.3 behind a firewall. I have not changed any default settings when installing - port on browser is 8080 and protocol is HTTP. To make Jira available for the users behind the firewall, is this sufficient to add firewall excepion for the current IP and port 8080? Or do I need to open any other ports in addition?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2017

Port 8080 should be enough, it exposes JIRA on a single port.  Make sure you make it available to the host server too - JIRA needs to talk to itself as though it were an external user.

Some add-ons may add other ports when they're for "integrating" with other systems, but that will be covered in the docs for them.

Karolis Vrubliauskas April 29, 2017

Thank you:)

MARIA SONIA HAYA TORAYA May 31, 2017

Thanks both for the Q&A.

0 votes
sonalgupta August 13, 2017

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8100.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Give me solution ??

Suggest an answer