I would like to import worklog information

Hi, I have seen the info at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/importing-data-from-csv-861253680.html but it will fail if the worklog element has anything but seconds in it.

Also, can see how to specify the user the worklog is for since the import wizard does not include Users which is listed as a potential element in the CSV.

I am using the Cloud version of JIRA

1 answer

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Oct 12, 2017
Summary,Reporter,Priority,Status,Worklog

This is my issue summary,reporter_username,Blocker,Open,This is my worklog comment;2017-10-13 08:53:11;worklog_username;3600
  • Worklogs ONLY accept timespent as seconds
  • The username simply has to match existing users, period 

Thanks Steven, I can now import - I had now changed the import date format, the one on online help and yours did not match the one coming up and I didn't spot it :(

However, whilst it imports, I cannot actually see the worklog entry on the newly created issue.

I have installed tempo timesheets.

What could I be missing?

Steven Behnke Community Champion Oct 13, 2017

Are you seeing timespent being added?

No, I don't see time added. Certainly can add through the website, and the import succeeds (I tested this by adding a new comment to the issue).

Still stuck on this. Is there a permission I could use, is there a JQL that can be used to see if they exist in the database?

Still stuck on this. Is there a permission I could use, is there a JQL that can be used to see if they exist in the database?

Steven Behnke Community Champion Wednesday

I would like to help you out: I'll try to find time this week to give it a run on my cloud instance. My deepest apologies, I'm simply a contributor and do this for "fun" when I'm not busy at work or with life.

Suggest an answer

Stay in touch

Be the first to know what's trending on Atlassian Community