I would like to append the current user to custom multi-user field in a post function

Sanjay Pais November 13, 2014

I have a multi-user field for development resources who collaborated on an issue. When I assign the current user in a post function during a workflow transition, it replaces the contents of the field with the new value.

What I am looking for is the ability to append the current user to the field

2 answers

1 vote
Sanjay Pais November 13, 2014

Hi Nic,

I actually solved the issue. It was there all along. The Workflow transition has a post functions. One of the post functions is Update Custom Field. The variable to use is %%ADD_CURRENT_USER%%

I was using  CURRENT_USER which would replace the value in the field. I tested the transition and it works.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2014

Excellent, I didn't know that had been added to the plugin - I've always known of %%CURRENT_USER%%, that's been there for years, but it's good to see that. Thanks for the update!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2014

You need a post-function that can get the current list, append a new user based on current user and then update with the new list (what you're using now simply sets the value, which overwrites the list).  

Although I've done this with my own plugins and the script runner, I don't think there are plugins that can provide this for Cloud

Suggest an answer