Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I want to maintain 2 separate accounts for Trello and JIRA

Edited

Hello

I have a Trello account in which I log in with my personal google account which I need to maintain.

I also have JIRA account which I use for work and log in using an account I created with my work email address.

All of a sudden it seems JIRA and Trello are forcing me to use one "Atlassian" account which I do not wish to do as I need both of these systems for different purposes.

For example, when I log into Trello using my gmail/google and then try to open JIRA in a new tab, Atlassian is trying to make me make a new JIRA account using my personal credentials. I work for a government agency and cannot use my personal account for work--I need to keep these separate. Additionally, since we are charged "per seat" in our JIRA account, by forcing me to log in with this new account you're making me take up one of those seats, which is unfair (we have a low user limit as we have a small budget) 

Please explain how I can remove the link between these two services and keep my accounts separate as I used to be able to do.

If this is not possible, this feature needs to be escalated as it's highly problematic for people who use JIRA for work and Trello for personal purposes. You can provide an option for linking them, but you really can't assume that everyone wants to. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Michelle Herman 

You can have two Atlassian Accounts (which it seems you already do).

It should be possible to be logged into Trello and Jira via these different accounts in the same browser. I just tested this and it worked.

• If you're logged into Trello and open Jira, press the "Login" icon in the top-right and select your work account.
  • If you're logged into Jira and open Trello, you should be able to login to your personal account - even if you have to logout of a work Trello first.

SSO / Account Linking might cause some issues with this depending on your work's sign-in process. If so, I'd consider opening Trello on a separate browser / in incognito mode.

Ste

Hi Stephen

I have one email account that is used for both Trello and Jira but I want to have different passwords for both accounts.

Is there a way, I may have two different accounts but with the same email address.

Thanks

Sulaiman

Hi @Sulaiman Loane 

Unfortunately there isn't - that's because you don't have two accounts when logging into Trello and Jira, your one Atlassian Account has access to two different products.

An email address can also only be linked to one account at a time.

If you want two different passwords, you'll need two different accounts - and therefore, two email addresses to support them.

See how Atlassian Accounts work on this help page.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you