I want to list and deactivate jira users through scripts(automatically using any language or api )

Bala Sharan Kumar May 17, 2021

I want to list and deactivate Jira users through scripts(automatically using any language or API ) I will be getting a list of users from another team I want to delete users, I am using 8.13.3 can any one help me on this

2 answers

0 votes
Mahima_miniOrange_SSO
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2021

Hello @Bala Sharan Kumar 

If you are looking for plugin which can fulfill your requirements, I would like to suggest you User Management Plugin which can automatically deactivate users by last login time or you can bulk select the users and deactivate them

If you are getting list in CSV format then we can import those users using CSV and deactivate them.

Your problem can be resolved very easily if you go with the plugin!
Feel free to reach out to us at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com or you can raise the ticket in case you need any help!

PS: I work with the miniOrange organisation, which is also one of the top SSO Vendors!

Cheers,

Mahima

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Bala Sharan Kumar 

You can do that with ScriptRunner for Jira for doing that. You can check script library, especially this script here: https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/deactivate-idle-users-after-a-custom-period

Let us say you have a list of users in csv then you can modify this code to parse the csv and deactivate them.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Bala Sharan Kumar May 18, 2021

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

I want to just deactivate users that's it and can you help me how to execute this script.

Suggest an answer