I want to know API or process to migrate from Clubhouse to JIRA. Can someone please help me?

jay modi December 14, 2018

I want to migrate from the clubhouse to JIRA with my all projects, EPIC and story points. 

2 answers

1 vote
Taiwo Ojo June 4, 2019

I built an application that does the job seamlessly. It will be available on the Jira App Marketplace shortly.

Christopher Grenness June 4, 2019

This is interesting.
We are migrating, but I've only migratet (manually...) a few ongoing projects.
An app to automagically migrate the entire project library from Clubhouse to Jira would be great.

Claire John June 17, 2019

Hi @Taiwo Ojo  - do you know when this will be available? It sounds like a great app

Like PucciG likes this
Cid Dennis January 19, 2020

Any word on when you might release this tool?     If you have chosen not to release it, would you be willing to share the code?

Thanks

C Greenfield June 11, 2020

Is this tool available? Not seeing anything in the Marketplace

Darin Klein October 1, 2020

We are also migrating a project out of clubhouse and have most of it, but comments aren’t included in the export. Has anyone gotten those to come out in any export? 

Thank you! 

0 votes
Christopher Grenness April 11, 2019

@jay modi did you solve this?

We are too considering a move from Clubhouse to Jira, not because Clubhouse is bad but we need more features that Jira can offer but Clubhouse can't.

Would be good to do the move automatically or semi-automatically...

jay modi April 11, 2019

Hi Christopher,

I did the migration manually from the clubhouse to JIRA during the weekend. 

Christopher Grenness April 11, 2019

Ok...

How? Just copy/paste manually? All text etc.?

jay modi April 11, 2019

I extract the issues from the Clubhouse in Excel. Map the field in JIRA and Import it. 

Taiwo Ojo June 4, 2019

You run into a few issues doing it this way, it's a heavy manual overhead to try and mark up text, de-emojify, and align config. 

This is a process I have created a scalable solution for and will deploy an app to the app stores soon however happy to provide guidance and support to anyone that's currently migrating.

Like Aman Singh likes this
Dave Fraioli August 13, 2019

Hi @Taiwo Ojo. I'm about to embark on a Clubhouse to JIRA migration and am curious how far out you are from releasing your app?

Like # people like this
Aman Singh December 17, 2019

Same here @Taiwo Ojo is this released?

Aditya Garg October 2, 2020

Any update on the APP for this migration ? I am still trying to find out how to migrate comments from clubhouse to JIRA.

Yashwardhan Pauranik October 12, 2020

@Taiwo Ojo Do reply, please. I have tried 4th time today to migrate the issue but it is anyway failing to throw this error

```

Unexpected failure occurred. Importer will stop immediately. Data may be in an unstable state: Caught PSQLException for insert into "public"."customfieldoption" ("customfield", "customfieldconfig", "disabled", "sequence", "customvalue")

values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?): ERROR: value too long for type character varying(255)

```

Rick Crow
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2021

@Yashwardhan Pauranik : I'm seeing the same error exactly when attempting something completely different ... importing Jira Server project data to Jira Cloud. I'm not having any luck finding the culprit in the data. Did you ever learn anything regarding this error that might be helpful?

Thank you!

Santosh Kumar S November 18, 2022

@Yashwardhan Pauranik  This error is caused when we have values that exceed the max character length.

While importing text fields (except Summary) the importer will import that record with a warning.

But when we try to import an option for a select list exceeding 255 characters, this error will be thrown.

(I figured it out when I was importing values for a multi-select field, but the data given to me had separated the values using semicolons, so all values were considered as a single string, and ran into this error.)

Suggest an answer