I want to integrate an excel in JIRA

Zeineb Bouassida May 9, 2023

I want to put on JIRA a whole departement in a company that has their process on Excel, how to know which JIRA product is the adequate and how do I adapt the process on Excel to fit on Jira ? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 14, 2023

Hi @Zeineb Bouassida

welcome to the community!

This may not directly answer your question, but I thought may be interesting regardless: If you are considering to move people and/or processes from Excel to Jira (any Jira product, really), there's a couple of options available from the Atlassian Marketplace that could make this considerably easier.

E.g., my team and I work on an app named JXL for Jira, which aims to combine the power of Jira with the simplicity of spreadsheets; put simply, it's is a full-fledged table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets.

This is how it looks in action:

jxl-basics.gif

Note that this is really just the basics of JXL - on top of it's base spreadsheet features, you can e.g. view your issues in configurable hierarchies, group them by any issue field(s), calculate sum-ups, or perform conditional formatting

As said above, there'll be other options from the Marketplace, too. You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, and depending on the size of your size, it may be free forever. So if an app is an option for your, perhaps try a few and see which works best for you.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Zeineb Bouassida welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Which business proces(ses) or practices are you planning to transform from Excel to Jira?

• Task Management
  • Project Management
  • Portfolio Management
  • Risk Management
  • Release Management
  • ....?
Zeineb Bouassida May 9, 2023

Hi Dave, 

Thank you for your response 

The business is railway and the process is for the engineering of the railway basically everything related to the whole mechanical and electrical parts of railway 

Suggest an answer