I want to filter issues by: assignee is current user and last comment not by current user

Is this possible?

What I´m trying to achieve is to have a filter results gadget on my dashboard that shows me issues that I need to respond to; I´m the assignee, but last comment is made by someone else than me.

I hope my need is clear and someone has an excellent and simple solution smile

3 answers

1 vote
Paulo Hennig Atlassian Team Sep 07, 2015

Hello Sandra,
You can filter by the assignee as the following:

reporter = currentUser()

But you can't filter by comments, for this I'd suggest you to set your user as a watcher on the following issue:

Hi and thanks. I know about the basic filters. It's the comment one I need. I´m hoping there is a workaround to achieve this.

There is no other way to accomplish this right now without any add-on. If you wish to go that route, you need the JIRAScript runner plugin and a few scripting/coding skills.

• Since a JQL needs to work with an issue's data, you need something to flag an issue that it's last commented by someone else not you. I suggest you use the "Status" for this one. You can use custom fields if you wish.
  • In your workflow, put a post-function to "Run a Script", or "Transition the Status" to something else and put in a condition to check the lastComment Id's if it's not equal to the assignee (or your ID)

A lot of projects are using this, even Atlassian Support site. You can ask them what they did if they are willing to share exactly, even the codes/script smile

I think there is no way to achieve this without an add-on.

One way to do this would be to create a plugin with a JQL function in it that returns the user who created the last comment. This may be slow, however.

An alternative approach which will give faster queries would be to add a lastCommenter custom field which can be searched in JQL.

Then you can either

1) create a listener (in a plugin) which stores the editor or creator of the last comment in that custom field whenever a EventType.ISSUE_COMMENT_EDITED_ID, EventType.ISSUE_COMMENT_EDITED_ID, or EventType.ISSUE_COMMENTED_ID event occurs.

2) use the JIRA automation plugin to create a rule that has an issue event trigger and check for the above events and you will still need to create a custom action which sets the lastCommenter custom field from the comments.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

468 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you