I want to display a specific issueLinkType on my Jira dashboard in the rich filter results.

Susan Gardella April 4, 2023

I'd like to display issueLinkType = 'is cloned by' in the rich filter results dashboard, the Views.   I can see all linked issues but I just want this specific issue type.  How can I filter to this one type?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hello @Susan Gardella 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

You could change the underlying Rich Filter that is used by the gadget so that it selects only those issues.

You could change the Working Query defined in that instance of the gadget to constrain the results.

If you share with us the details of your Rich Filter we might be able to provide more specific guidance.

Susan Gardella April 7, 2023

The Query doesn't allow for an empty value for issueLinkType - it is usually there but not always and I don't want to limit the results.  I tried adding issueLinkType = "is cloned by" OR issueLinkType = empty but that doesn't work.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

That is correct functionality. EMPTY works only with fields that support IS and IS NOT. Issue Link Type doesn't support IS or IS NOT.

Issue Link Type is applied when an issue link exists. If there is no issue link, then the Issue Link Type criteria has nothing to compare to. 

It sounds like you want to be able to have a query that finds both issues that have links of a particular type and issues that have no links at all. Is that correct?

Jira JQL doesn't provide a native function for  finding issue that have no issue links. Do you happen to have any third party apps that extend JQL functionality, or are you open to acquiring such an app?

Suggest an answer