I want to be able to view closed issues in the new plan mode

In the classic boards, we could filter open vs. closed issues so we could see both. In the new board, there is no way to view older, closed issues (even with the use of filters).

We would like to view closed issues in the new board to organize them into epics appropriately.

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Actually, I was able to get this working after all.

You just have to change the column layouts in the new board.

Click Agile > Manage Boards > Find the board and go to configure > Columns > Then put "Resolved" or "Closed" status in the first column.

This will make resolved issues reappear in the backlog!

In addition, to open closed epics and view them on the board, you'll want to search for the "Epic Status" field and set them from "Closed" to "To Do". This should show the closed epics on the new boards (then you can "Mark as Done" to get them out of the way again)

is it possible to show old previous completed stories in the board ? Just a section to view completed items?

0 votes
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Feb 06, 2013

Hey there, Murilo.

As far as I am concerned, you are not able to view Closed issues in the Rapid Board unlike the Classic Boards. Perhaps this can be considered as a feature request in the future release of GreenHopper. It is the expected behavior for now as the board is catered to show issues that are not in the Closed status (Backlog, Sprint).

Warm regards,

Danial

0 votes

Agree, need to see Closed issues on my board!

Boards have been completely rebuilt since this conversation ended 5 years ago.  If you want to see closed issues on your board now, you can.  Just configure it so that it does not hide them.,

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist]are you able to elaborate how we can achieve this? I can't find a simple way to toggle it in the board settings. 

Are you referring to the board filter? Because I've attempted changing it to show all issues, this does not reflect on the board.. and it still shows only the open issues.

Yes, a board will display what the filter says.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,386 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you