I want to add an Info. panel to a Jira task

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2020

I would like to know if I can programmatically add an info. panel to a Jira Task? Alternatively I would be Ok with a static info panel field in the Edit Issue view that has an instructional message to the user to fill out specific fields. I don't want to rely on them seeing and reading the validator messages.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2020

Hello @Danno

Thank you for reaching out.

I believe the best option in Jira to display a panel with an instructional message to fill the issue fields would be by using workflow validators.

Besides that option, you can also use the custom Message fields (View and Edit) to display a static text when editing/viewing an issue:

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 16.33.58.png

The only inconvenience of these fields is that they do not work properly in the new issue view due to a bug. Basically, these would be the limitations in the new issue view:

1. They will only display plain texts
  2. They can be edited, however, when refreshing the page, the default value is rolled back again

If you are planning to use the old issue view, those fields would be a good option to display the panel as you need.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2020

Thank you for the reply Petter. I am already using the validator panel but since it is a fly-in at the bottom of the screen I decided to look for something I could put at the top of the issue. I thought about trying this type of field but since I am using the new issue view I wasn't able to quite figure out how to implement it in my first Edit screen but the bug reference you provided seems to make my question moot.

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events