I want to activate a user who is currently inactive for a project

Martins Leticia _BrgP_MFE16_ April 24, 2024

Hi team,

I need your support. It´s very important.

On Jira Software, I have a project where previously I inactive a user, but then I want to reactivate this user's access and I can't. At the moment, in Administration, I resent the invite to the user and I see a ticket with the message "An email has been sent to the user to complete their account activation," but when the user opens the email, this message appears: "You don't have access to pt-leticiamartins.atlassian.net. Looks like your administration has marked your account as inactive. Contact your administrator to solve this issue."

So, I would like to know how I can activate this account again and how to do it.

2 answers

0 votes
nimo nimo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024

What method did you use to inactive this user previously? 

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2024

Hi @Martins Leticia _BrgP_MFE16_ 

Welcome to our Community.

Please try ask your org/site admin to add this user directly to access some products in admin hub: https://admin.atlassian.com/ instead of inviting this user.

Hope it helps & thanks,

YY哥

Thank you for your response and attention!!

In fact, I am an org/admin and have already invited the user to my administration space, but he can't access the my cloud. His status remains 'Invited'.

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2024

How did you previously inactive this user then? 

I made this user inactive because I needed to reduce the number of users with access to my product to switch to a free plan. Originally, my product allowed access for more than 10 people, which resulted in my Jira account being changed to a standard plan. To accommodate this, I reduced access to 8 users, making 2 of them inactive. This change allowed me to transition to a free plan. However, I now wish to reactivate access for this user, as there is still room to include two more people.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events