I want that users can't assign an issue without entering the work log

Batuhan Akpunar November 8, 2017

Hello, I want that assigned user cant change issue status before entering work log.

For simply explanation, If my developer finished his development and want to change status, system should check if there is any work log entered. Is it possible?

2 answers

3 votes
Justin Evans
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

Hi Batuhan - Alexey is correct - this cannot be accomplished with Jira by itself.

If you're running Jira Server or Data Center, you could accomplish this with an app like Power Scripts for Jira. Using the getWorklogLoggedHours routine, you could write a quick script and then apply it to your workflow transition as a validator.

interval checkUserWorklogs;
string errorMsg = "You must log work to advance this issue!";

for(number id in getWorklogIdsForUser(currentUser(), key)) {
checkUserWorklogs += getWorklogLoggedHours(id);
}

if(checkUserWorklogs!="") {
return true;
} else {
return false, "error", errorMsg;
}
Ethan Foulkes November 13, 2017

Hi Batuhan,

There is a video created that walks you through exactly how to create a validator on work logs using Power Scripts .

Hope that helps!

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

Hello, 

You could attach a validator to the required transtion with a custom code which would check if the issue has worklogs. If you have Scriptrunner, I could give you an example.

Batuhan Akpunar November 8, 2017

I dont have Scriptrunner :( Is there any other way?

In Field Required Validator, there is no option for "Work Log".

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2017

You can not do it in the out of the box Jira 

Suggest an answer