I want custom template of issue list jira

ducpm93 December 2, 2019

Hi all,

I want create button near export excel,

I dont find key search and location to add in web section.

And I want custom reload function of this page. How to do ?

I using create plugin and coding to build plugin.

Pls help me,

a1.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

Hello @ducpm93 ,

To customize the page layout I would recomend lookin into adding a script injection to the announcement banner that would intercept the button and relocate it to the desired location with a new CSS load out.

Details on modifying the announcement banner can be seen in "Configuring an announcement banner"  and to add a script to the banner you can add in the changes using the format:

<script> desired css changes </script>

an exe on how to set up a script can be seen in the Workaround section of the following feature request that i used to rearrange another element in the UI as well as the following Community post giving some additional advice on how to set up script injection for the instance:

Alternatively if you would like to look into modifying the servers source files the page layout CSS files are located under location:

And I believe the css filename this area is located in should be the "metal-all.css" file. You are looking for the "AUI-buttons" section.

A Word of caution here is that these type of customizations can cause a lot of issues in the instance and should only be applied to production after extensive testing in a staging system.  Also with modification of the source files you will need to manually reconfigure these changes any time you upgrade the instance, but the announcement banner will carry through with an upgrade to the application but still may require manual updates between versions if a UI improvement changes anything in the javascript load out or naming convention of the endpoints.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer