• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I "logged in as this user" and now I cannot "switch back" to my account as admin

I was getting a new user in Confluence, and I logged in as that user.  Now, the link to switch back will not work and I am locked out of my admin account.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Mar 10, 2020

Hi Kari,

so it may be that in fact you have switched back. There was (is?) a known bug where the reminder to switch back falsely continues to display. Can you verify that you are indeed not logged in as yourself after switching?

Hi Jack - Indeed, after clearing my browser cache and still getting this message, and  after being unable to log into my personal Confluence site because I am still impersonating Fred, I am certain that I did not revert back to my own profile.

I ended up clearing my browser cache for the past 2 days, restarting my system, and then logging back into the Jira site.  This fixed it temporarily.

Thank you, Kari

I had the same issue, using Chrome as my browser - it seemed I was still logged in as the other user.

I closed all tabs where she was showing as the logged in user checked the setting in a tab where I was showing as the logged in user before I had logged in as her, but this then showed her as the logged in user. 

I used Ctrl+F5 to refresh the page and then saw myself as the logged in user again.

This seemed to resolve the issue.

Jack Community Leader Jan 18, 2021

You should see a switch back as you move from screen to screen. If not simply logout by clicking the avatar and log back in. 

That is how it used to work for me, which is why I was surprised that it appeared to not be working today. I've had no further issues since I refreshed the browser page with Ctrl+F5, perhaps F5 would have worked as well.

I'm not sure if it's a change on our end, but now if I select to be logged in as another user, there is a message that they will receive an email. It's been a while since I've tried this, but that is new to me too.

Jack Community Leader Jan 18, 2021

Yes the user is made aware. It has been that way for a long time now. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you