I need transition condition that checks the value of a field

How can I setup a transition so that it is only visible if a field in the issue contains a specific value?

Here is the use case:

I am scrubbing bugs for my team. When I assign the bug to a developer, I will check a box that indicates the fix will need review by an authorized code reviewer. The check box value would be Yes and its value would go into the Needs Review field.

Then, later in the workflow, once the developer has fixed the bug, they will click the Fixed transition button. Then, much like the example presented in the documentation regarding the Previous Status Condition, I want to transition to either an In Review state or an In Testing state.

I would have two transitions for this, each having a name of Fixed, but having a condition that shows the transition if the Needs Review field is set to Yes or not.

Thanks.

-Corey

7 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

This issue needs a better look at the actual workflow. Please raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com

No need to contact Atlassian. You're looking for the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions Plugin. This will add a field value = ?? condition option for your workflows that you can use. If it's not met, the transition will not show :)

But it is not available in Jira OnDemand :(

Stop suggesting costly plugins

But it is not available in Jira OnDemand :(

tried to delete; doesn't work :(

added a comment to Jason Brisons answer instead.

Lars:

The marketplace page of this plugin, states that it's free and is pre-installed in onDemand instances, can you check if you have it installed?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions

hm, seems to be installed. but where is the field value condition?

• Complete Session ConditionCondition that prevents the transaction if there are incomplete Bonfire test sessions related to this issue.
  • Hide transitionCondition to hide a transition from the user (the transition can be triggered only programmatically or from a workflow function).
  • Only Assignee ConditionCondition to allow only the assignee to execute a transition.
  • Only Bamboo Notifications Workflow ConditionOnly makes this transition available to the Bamboo build notifications.
  • Only Reporter ConditionCondition to allow only the reporter to execute a transition.
  • Permission ConditionCondition to allow only users with a certain permission to execute a transition.
  • Previous Status ConditionCondition on the previous status of an Issue.
  • Separation of Duties ConditionCondition to prevent a user to perform a transition when he has already performed another.
  • Sub-Task Blocking ConditionCondition to block parent issue transition depending on sub-task status.
  • User Is In GroupCondition to allow only users in a given group to execute a transition.
  • User Is In Group Custom FieldCondition to allow only users in a custom field-specified group to execute a transition.
  • User Is In Project RoleCondition to allow only users in a given project role to execute a transition.

My mistake,

Jira Misc Workflow extensions provides the capability to check a field value, but is implemented as Validator, not as Condition .. so, you can't hide the transition depending on the field value. But you can create two separate transitions and Validate them with this plugin ...

sorry.

Jira Suite Utilites have a condition to check a value field, and it seems to be preinstalled in OnDemand instances ...

Can be done with the FREE Workflow Enhancer Plugin -> Universal Condition

Robin Loose I'm New Here Saturday

Perfect! Exactly what I needed... and it´s a free plugin - so it is the best for our non-profit-organization... thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

71 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you