I need to understand how I can enable myself to move issues around in our team jira plan.

Helen Peters April 25, 2023

I am responsible for the team jira plan.  I can add issues and edit, but I cannot move issues around in the plan view.  When I try to move any issue (irrespective of level ie EPIC or STORY), I am unable to do so (red box shows).  My colleagues do not have the same problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hello @Helen Peters 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Are you working with Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center?

Can you provide a screen image that shows us your problem?

If other users are not having the same problem that suggests that the other users have permissions that you do not. Have you contacted the Project Administrator or Jira Administrator to look into that?

Helen Peters April 25, 2023

Hi Trudy, I'm not sure about whether it's Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center.  The Project Admin cannot solve it.  Not sure how to contact the Jira Admin?    I can't take a screen shot as as soon as I click off the issue I'm trying to move, it goes back to where I need to move it from.  Not helpful, I know!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hello Helen,

If the URL for the Jira instance is similar to the following then you are using Jira Cloud.

https://<something>.atlassian.net

Can you provide a screen image of the screen you are on when the issue occurs, even if you can't capture the image itself, so we understand where it is happening? I think you might be in a Basic Roadmap screen or an Advanced Roadmap Plan screen, but a screen image from you would help confirm that. You can obscure confidential info displayed for issue summaries as needed.

Do all the issue you are trying to move come from the same project? Are there any issues present that are from other projects, and if so, can you move those?

What has the Project Admin done to investigate the issue and conclude that they cannot resolve it?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Hello @Helen Peters 

Do you still need help with this issue. If so, can you provide the information I requested in my previous reply?

Suggest an answer