I need to know how many time i move an issue from QA to In Progress or another status.

noel.rodriguez April 29, 2021

Some of the answers related don't work for me. I have several columns on my board. I need to know if would be possible to count o obtain a general report with all de issues status changed during a sprint maybe

4 answers

1 vote
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2021

Hello @noel.rodriguez 

Try Time in Status for Jira Cloud developed by my team. 

It generates Status Count and Transition Count reports.

The Status Count report calculates how many times an issue has been in each status.

statuscountreport.png

The Transition Count report shows how many times an issue went from status to status(from QA to In progress, for example).

transitioncountreport.png

Hope you find it helpful.

Best regards, Mariana

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 13, 2021

Hi @noel.rodriguez ,

As an alternative, you can try Status Time app developed by our team. It provides reports on how much time passed in each status as well as status entry dates and status transition count. The reports are based on history of issues and you can trim the history range.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports(eg. average in progress time per project). And all these are available as gadgets on the dashboard too.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free. Hope it helps.

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
April 30, 2021

Hello Noel,

Our team at OBSS built Time in Status app for this exact need.

Along with many other reports, Time in Status has reports that show Status Counts or Transition Counts in each issue's history. You can calculate averages and sums of those counts grouped by issue fields you select. (For example, average reopen count per issuetype).

The cool thing for your use case is the History Trim feature. This feature allows you to set a date window for your report (in your case the start&end dates of the sprint) and see the output only based on this window.

TransitionCount.png      StatusCount.png

Time in Status can display its reports on its own reporting page, issue view pages, and dashboard gadgets, as data or charts in all.

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well. It works with both Company Managed and Team Managed (next-gen) projects.

Using Time in Status you can:

• See how much time each issue spent on each status, assignee, user group; how many times each status or transition was used, and also see dates of status transitions.
  • Calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example, see average InProgress time per project and per issuetype.)
  • Export your data as XLS, XLSX or CSV.
  • Access data via REST API. (for integrations)
  • Visualize data with various chart types.
  • See Time in Status reports on Jira Dashboard gadgets and on issue view pages.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1211756

EmreT

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
April 29, 2021

Hi @noel.rodriguez 

If you would be interested in a ready made solution, you may want to try out our add-on

Agile Tools - Epic Tree and Time in Status 

The Status Transition Report (screen shot below) meets your requirement I believe.

Apart from this the plugin provides more than 7 types of Time in Status Reports.

And Epic Hierarchy Report (Standard Jira Hierarchy Epic -> Story -> Subtask)

And Link Hierarchy (Hierarchy based on your Issue Link Parent Child Relationship)

StatusTransitionCount.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events