I need to hide/Grey out a field based on another field

Akil R September 28, 2022

Hi team,

When i create a issue task i have a drop down for Task type with LOV as Open solutions, RAID, others. Next field is RAID-Type with LOV as Risk, Action, Issue, Dependency. When the task type is RAID then the RAID-Type field should be visible if not the RAID-Type field should be greyed out.

As i am not good with coding i am not able to get this done. Would appreciate your help in this.

2 answers

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

Hi @Akil R welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You won't be able to do this in Jira Cloud natively.

You'll need a third-party app like Extension for Jira Service Management or ScriptRunner for Jira to accomplish this.

ok. I have Scriptrunner for JIRA. 
But i dono hw to add the code for this.

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

@Akil R if you need a solution for Jira, not Jira Service Management, the Extension app doesn't work. Dynamic Forms configured in this app work only on the customer portal.

Like Dave Mathijs likes this

@Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ oh ok.
So basically one field cannot be managed based on other fields in this case? even with the scriptrunner?

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

Using Extension - no, because it works on the customer portal, not in Jira on the Create issue view.

In case of Scriptrunner, I see that they're working on behaviors which allow you to hide/show fields depending on conditions - read this article. But I'm not familiar with scripting, so it'll be better if someone who is experienced in this area helps. Maybe @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ? Also, you can always describe your use case and ask Adaptavist via their customer portal.

@Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ Thanks for sharing the article. @Nic Brough if you could please help me know if there is a script that could do the work for me it would be of great help. 

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2022

Scriptrunner for Cloud does not yet have this functionality (we're working with Atlassian to enable it - the problem is with the Cloud UI, not Scriptrunner).  There is a beta in progress, and we expect to be releasing it soon.

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2022

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for clarification ❤️ You're the best person to answer questions about Scriptrunner :) 

Akil R October 2, 2022

Ok.. thank you so much guys

0 votes
Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 29, 2022

Hi @Akil R , 

like @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- already mentioned that is the current limitation of Cloud UI. 

Nevertheless, probably we are working on the same thing in cooperation with Atlassian, which we intended to add to Dynamic Forms Cloud this quarter. I mean the Set Value for fields of course. If you are not good at coding you will probably find it very useful as we use WYSWIG edit.

Best regards, 
Jarek

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events