I need to get a same select list option for differnt filed

CCP TechOps November 5, 2014

Hi all,

i got an requirement where i need to create a 4 different  fields with same options,  which is used in same project and issue type.

for Ex let says below is the filed name

accessory 1

accessory 2

accessory 3

accessory 4

are the four different filed with same option on them

like keyboard,mouse,usb....

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2014

This is not going to happen - every field is separate, they do not share their option lists. 

Your choices are

• Maintain four separate fields, as designed
  • Write a new custom field type that understands it gets its list of options from one place, but can be used in several fields
  • Write some automated hack that replicates the option list from one "master" field into the other fields.  

The first and third options above won't solve the problem that the options are still all different items - i.e. item 1 on the master list named "Flibble" looks the same as item 1 on the other 3 lists also called "Flibble", but if you look at the database, you'd find four options called "Flibble" with ids like 10010, 10035, 10050 and 10100 - they're all separate and distinct options.

0 votes
CCP TechOps November 5, 2014

Hi Treethawat,

Thanks for the update,

i know how to create a custom fields,  but my requirement here is to create 4 different fields with same options in all. so i want to keep one master copy that should reflect in all 4 fields.

i need to add some 200 options in each field with same option.

0 votes
Treethawat Thanawachiramate November 5, 2014

You just go to the custom field page and add them. (Keyboard shortcut: g + g + start typing custom fields)
Then link those fields to your screen.

Link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Field

Suggest an answer