I need help to edit the order of dashbaord

Fred Le Tran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 23, 2024

I want help to re order the two dimensional dashboard gadget of the x axis showing status, see below image.png

I want to re order the x axis to show status from Backlog, To do, to in Progress, testing, FL Blocked to Close in the proper sequence. Please Help :)

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Damian Rosochacki June 23, 2024

The gadget reflects the order they’re in on the Statuses page in the Admin section. You can reorder them, but it will impact all users (usually not a problem if you use any kind of logic in ordering them.)

Fred Le Tran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 24, 2024

Thanks @Damian Rosochacki can you please be more precise - where do I find the admin section, in the project section? or where else? this is workflow in the project setting Jira workflow issue2.JPG

Damian Rosochacki June 24, 2024

Hey Fred,

You want to navigate to Admin > Issues > Statuses.

There, you’ll see a list of all statuses in Jira, and that’s the same list that the two dimensional gadget references for its status order.

The “system” Admin area does require Jira system admin rights - do you have that permission? If not, you’ll need to reach out to your Jira admin to assist you with this.

Like Sagar likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2024

Hi @Fred Le Tran Welcome to the Atlassian community.

The sorting order of these status in two-dimensional gadget is set based on the global sorting order of the status, as in my below example it "IN PROGRESS", "RESOLVED", "TO DO"and so on, when I move the "TO DO" status above "RESOLVED" then the order is also changed on the gadget.

Please check the below attached screenshot for more details.

If you have a Jira administrator permission on your site you can change this order as per your requirement, but keep in mind that this is a global change and will reflect in all the places where statuses are used.

Before updating the status order

Capture 2024-06-23 at 20.18.30.png

Capture 2024-06-23 at 20.19.39.png

After moving "TO DO" status above the "RESOLVED" status

Capture 2024-06-23 at 20.27.17.png

Capture 2024-06-23 at 20.28.12.png

Please try and comment here in case of any issues.

Regards

Ravina

Fred Le Tran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 24, 2024

Thanks @Ravina But I can't fix my issue

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Grossi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2024
Fred Le Tran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 24, 2024

Thank you @Nicolas Grossi However I am struggling to locate where I can edit the view of the workflow in my dashboard gadget - see belowJira workflow issue.JPG I created the above using the 2 dimensional filter and set x axis to issue type. The displayed issue type is illogical in that, from left to right should mirror my kanban columns ie Backlog, to do, in progress, FL blocked, testing, closed. Does that make sense to you? Right now, this gadget is very hard to read and not presentable. I need the urgent help of the community. I am company managed project. thoughts?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events