I'm looking for a JQL to display stories that do not have test cases linked to them (traceability)

Jeroen Bossuyt October 16, 2019

Every time we create a test case, we immediately make sure it is linked to a story. When I open the story in the active sprint, I can see which test cases are linked in the "traceability" part of the story.

Now I'm looking for a JQL to make a quick filter that makes sure only the stories that do not have at least 1 test case linked to them are visible.

Could anybody help with that?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

with scriptrunner you have the hasLinks issueFunction

issueFunction not in hasLinks("[link name]")

You have all the info in

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_haslinks

Thank you for your swift response!

One more question: what exactly do I replace "link name" with in order to find any test cases? I have tried some things, but can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks!

fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

which case test manager are you using? probably I misunderstood your question.

We're using Adaptavist for our test cases, but while looking for a way to do it with your script, we found a working solution.

We used this to get it to work:

issue not in hasTestCoverage()
Like Anand S Koshy likes this
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2019

Nice, glad that it helped in any way.

Like Jeroen Bossuyt likes this
Anand S Koshy February 4, 2023

@Jeroen Bossuyt  this worked 

@fran garcia gomera  & @Jeroen Bossuyt 

I found out a way to filter issues where there is a test case attached, but to go a level further, would there be a way to filter out approved test cases from the issues where test cases are attached. We use Zephyr. 

issue in hasTestCoverage()
0 votes
Veronika S. May 4, 2022

Is there any possibility for Jira Cloud users with Zephyr Scale Tests?

We’re you able to find an answer for this ?

This works for zephyr as well 

issue not in hasTestCoverage()

Suggest an answer