I have migrated from Redmine to JIRA - Where do I see the original number of issue (from Redmine)?

נטע-לי זאובר February 5, 2020

I have migrated from Redmine to JIRA - Where do I see the original number of issue (from Redmine)?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

Hello @נטע-לי זאובר,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

The number of issues imported in Jira is displayed on the log screen just after you imported the issues. In case you didn't collect that number and need it posteriorly, you must identify a field that can differentiate the imported issues from other ones, using a JQL query to return issues with that specific field.

In case you have not added any fields that differentiate your previous imported issues, the best option would be to use the created field since it will have almost the same date/time configured for the imported issues.

These would be the steps to identify those issues:

1 - Identify the time that the import was performed

2 - Add a query to find the issues created at that time, giving two minutes of time range like in the example below:

created >= '2020/02/07 16:07' and created <= '2020/02/07 16:09'

3 - Check the number of returned issues at the top-left corner

P.S: The query above will return all the issues created at the time of the import, including the issues created internally on Jira. If any users were able to create issues at the time of the import or the import spent more time than the one you added in the query, there's no way to guarantee that the number is accurate.

Let us know if you have any questions.

נטע-לי זאובר February 8, 2020

Hi Petter,
I succeeded! Thank you, you helped me a lot!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2020

You are welcome, @נטע-לי זאובר.

Have a nice week ahead. :)

Suggest an answer