I have an epic that is not showing up on the board backlog. The epic is open, with stories assigned

Dusan Racic January 25, 2022

I have a board that shows all the epics in the backlog except this one.  We have stories in it, stories that are also in the sprints, but this epic is not on the backlog list like all the others.

1 answer

1 vote
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2022

What query are you using for that Board? 

Take the filter query (in the board settings) and use it as a regular query.  If you don't see the Epic you're expecting, then you'll have to update your query to include the missing epic. 

If you do see it, you'll have to do a deeper investigation into your board settings specifically.

Fahema Ali August 30, 2022

Hi, I am having the same issue and I checked the board filter query as a regular query and I can see the epic.

However, I am still missing an epic from my board, its tasks are visible in the backlog.

My steps:

When I am in my backlog view and I use the 'Epic' tab to click on specific epics and see the backlog items filter to only show tasks related the selected epic.

It is in this list that I don't see the epic.

Is there a limit maybe to how many epics can be shown here? Could there be any other reason for this?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events