I have added a dev to a project within the Developer Group, but he can't see the board.

Bea Schuhmacher June 21, 2022

I have searched for answers and can't see why he's unable. I looked at the permissions scheme and "Developers" is listed in all the areas he should be touching; editing, move, resolve, transition.... I'm getting so frustrated that I'm thinking about suggesting a new product to the company. Why is nothing simple with Jira??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bea Schuhmacher June 21, 2022

I figured it out! I needed to check the group and add him there. I thought I could assign him a role and it would give him permissions and access of that role.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi @Bea Schuhmacher ,

that's exactly what project roles are for: To manage permissions on a project basis through project administrators. Once properly set up in the permission scheme through a Jira administrator, the project administrator can take over and control what users can do in their project.

If you added the user to a role and they were lacking permissions afterward, there's something off in the configuration and I would suggest having a closer look at the permission scheme and project role setup of the project. But just to mention it again. There's a difference between the project permissions and the ability to access boards (filter shares).

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Hey @Bea Schuhmacher ,

did you also check the shares in the general board configuration? You've just been talking about the project permissions but a board has its own configuration :) 

Best, Max

padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2022

Note that the specific bit you need to check is that the filter you use for the board is shared with the developer.  It's that filter that allows visibility to the board itself.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events