I have 2 different customer accounts and I want to link them. How can I do it?

Sahar Bouzari July 7, 2021

I have 2 different departmentwise account in JIRA software. 

I want to inter link both account because there are few tasks which has epic link from both departments. 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hello @Sahar Bouzari,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I’m not sure I understood your request correctly, so I would like to know more details.

In the title, you mentioned customer accounts, but both of your sites don’t have Jira Service Management, only Jira Software, so I would like to confirm what do you mean by “customer accounts”.

What accounts do you need to link? Is it linking a ticket from one Jira site to another or link a ticket from a project to another?

Please, let us know more details, so we can check here if it’s possible and share the correct steps.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Sahar Bouzari July 9, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz 

Thank you for your Response.

My question is about linking 2 different organization.

we have 2 different company with 2 different JIRA account. (3BC and 3BBeteiliungs)

Is there any possibility that we can link some issues or project from these company to each other?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2021

Thank you for the details, @Sahar Bouzari.

Yes, it’s possible to link both sites/organizations using Application Links.

You need to be an administrator on both sites in order to follow the steps below. Let’s use as an example site1.atlassian.net and site2.atlassian.net.

On site1, go to Cog icon > Products > Application links.

On this page, you will see a text box where you need to add the URL of https://site2.atlassian.net/ > Create new link > Check the URL and click on Continue.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 13.50.18.png

On the next page, check the details and click on Continue.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 13.54.13.png

Then, you will be redirected to site2.atlassian.net and confirm the same details and after clicking on Continue, you will be redirected back to site1.atlassian.net and it’s done, both sites are now linked.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 13.56.59.png

Now, when viewing an issue on any of the sites and clicking on “Link issue”, you will have the option “Local” and the other one that it’s the other Jira site. You will see an option to authenticate (necessary for both sites) and once you allow, you can search for issues from site2.atlassian.net and vice-versa.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 13.59.51.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 14.00.25.png

This is the result of the linked issues on both sites.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 14.05.25.png

Note that, for other users to also view the linked issues, they need to have access to both sites and projects.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer