I find a confluence workflow rest api document,but how can I get the request body?

Ronaldo Huang November 11, 2020

The document is https://comalatech.bitbucket.io/comala-workflows/6.12.0/restapi/index.html

In the document , how can I know the request body fields about PUT methods?

For example, path:  /content/{id}/state PUT 

but how does the request body look like?^_^

I request for /rest/cw/1/content/{id}/state,but I don't know the request body. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pablo Gallego _Appfire_ November 11, 2020

Hi Ronaldo, 

To learn more about each of the endpoints you need to click in the "Resources" section where the endpoints are defined: 

Endpoints Link.png

There for each of the endpoints you will have a link to the JSON model of the data type required for the request including an example: 

data type.png

model state.png

If you have future questions about Comala Document Management you can contact our friendly support team at https://support.comalatech.com any time.

Regards, 

Pablo Gallego

Software Engineer at Comalatech

Ronaldo Huang November 11, 2020

Your answer is very helpful. I have found this rest api /rest/cw/1/content/{id}/state can change the workflow state, how ever I have another problem which is when I use this api to a confluence page that is not in workflow, the response is Nullpoint.

Because I want to use rest api to put a confluence page into workflow and set it state 'Draft'. 

How can I put a confluence page into workflow by rest api?

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Hi @Ronaldo Huang 

I am the Senior Product Manager at Comalatech. Adding a workflow is not something that is available on our public API.

I think it would be help to have a better understanding of your requirements so that we can identify the most appropriate solution for you. Please can you contact us via https://support.comalatech.com with details of your requirements and we'll look it to it for you.

Thanks in advance

James
Senior Product Manager

Ronaldo Huang November 12, 2020

Hi @James Conway 

OK.

Ronaldo Huang January 18, 2021

@Pablo Gallego _Appfire_ 

Hello, because I can not click the "Resources" section, and maybe something wrong with my network.

I want to request for /rest/cw/1/content/{id}/parameters PUT method,

could you please tell me the request body?

updateParameters.pngAlthough I can access this address, my page loaded is like this maybe because of the bad network. 

0 votes
Pablo Gallego _Appfire_ January 18, 2021

Here you have a screenshot for you to see it better:

put parameters.png

@Pablo Gallego _Appfire_ 

Thank you for your screenshot. ^_^

Like Pablo Gallego _Appfire_ likes this

Suggest an answer