I can't seem to edit any of the "Options" in a workflow transition

Andy July 16, 2020

I am really new to being a Jira admin. After reading a bunch of documentation, I know what I want to do, but I can't seem to do it because it appears to be unavailable to me and I'm not sure why. 

I have created a workflow transition and I want to add post functions to it. When I open up the options menu for that specific transition, I can't click on anything to make edits. It's like the this entire portion of that menu is non-functional. 

I feel like I must be overlooking something simple, but I can't figure out what it is. Any ideas?Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

This will happen when you are a project admin who has been granted "enhanced project admin" permission.

That grants limited access to edit the workflow when the workflow is only used by that single project.  You can edit the transition to some extent, and you can do quite a lot about ordering and adding/removing steps, but it does not let you amend transition properties and functions, only full Jira (or system) admins can do that.

Also, they get to it by a different route - make a note of the name of the name in the header above what you've given us, then hit the admin cog at the top right of the screen to get into full admin mode.  Then go to issues -> workflows and find that name, and click edit next to it.  (It may warble something about creating a draft - do that, it lets you edit without affecting anything)

You should get almost exactly what you see in your current screenshot, but with a lot more edit options.

Andy July 16, 2020

This is perfect, thank you for the reply. 

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Георгий Пономаренко February 14, 2021

Hello! I have similar problem.

I created few workflows on few projects.
After some changes in security politics I wasn't able to make changes... But I'm SITE ADMIN!
I have all rights, i tried to add myself to all admin groups on jira and project and still see this problem on all projects.

ScreenShot_20210214165320.png

I still can't find a way to fix it. How site admin can face such problem?

Suggest an answer