I can't see time logs of my colleagues in Tempo reports/ logs

Yelena Tovkacheva September 8, 2020

Hi,

We've decided to test Jira's time planning and reporting apps such as Tempo.
The whole point of this test was to see how time planning and reporting works, so we could switch from another software to Jira.

My colleagues log their time regularly and I can see it in History.
Снимок.PNG

But there are no logs in the card or time plans/reports. I can only see my logs.

Снимок3.PNG

What is the problem here?   

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

Hi @Yelena Tovkacheva

When logging time in Tempo on Cloud, the information is synced to JIRA, but the worklog owner and description are anonymized as JIRA displays worklogs in several places and does not respect the worklog visibility settings in Tempo (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/488931333/Why+do+the+worklogs+appear+with+the+author+Tempo+Timesheets+instead+of+the+user+s+name).

To view the worklogs of other users in Tempo, you need to either have the "View all worklogs"permission for the project or the "View team worklogs" permission to view worklogs of the members of your team (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/377291063/Cannot+see+other+users+worklogs).

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team 

Nacho Marín May 4, 2021

Hi, 

The second link is dead. Could you please update? 

Thanks!

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2021
Nacho Marín May 4, 2021

Thank you! Really quick!

The doc highlights something that I guessed that we were experiencing: 

"Cloud instances: Please, bear in mind that the permission could take up to an hour to kick in permanently even if it looks like it has already happened."

Curiously, a team mate in the same group can see all the worklogs but I cannot yet. I suppose it will work itself out sooner than later.

Thanks once again!

Nacho

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events