I can`t edit fix version in create screen. And this field`s default is NO. How I can edit it?

Baotao December 13, 2022

The system field fix version in my project can`t edit whatever in create or edit screen. And my system manager also don`t know why. How can I solve this question? 

2 answers

0 votes
Gupta Vishal December 13, 2022

Hi @Baotao While creating issue are you able to edit or change value in fix version?

If you are editing after creating issue and it is not changing then you don't have the edit issue permission.

Baotao December 14, 2022

Hi,I can`t eidt and change value in fix version in creating issue screen. And fix version`s default value is "NO"

Gupta Vishal December 25, 2022

Ok @Baotao in your project version are created or not ?

If not you will not able to do changes with that field

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Baotao , so is this field visible on the create and view screens post-creation, but you are unable to add a value for it?

Baotao December 14, 2022

Yes. The field is visible but I can`t eidt and change value.And fix version`s default value is "NO"

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

Do you have the 'Resolve Issues' permission in the project's permission scheme? This is required to set the fix version. And is the Fix version field on the edit screen?

Muskan Pradhan April 14, 2023

Yes, I have the 'Resolve Issues' permission in the project's permission scheme and the Fix version field is present on the create/edit/view all three screens.

What could be the other reasons?

Attached below screenshot for reference.

IMG_20230415_121655.jpg

Gupta Vishal June 28, 2023

Hi @Muskan Pradhan

This behavior is happened for one Issue type or all?

If it is for one issue type or all, then please check the workflow step properties to see if they are denying access to edit.

for eg.

• jira.permission.resolve.denied
  • jira.issue.editable is set to false

Suggest an answer