I can`t change the issue type from "incident" to "general request" in the JIRA Service Desk Portal.

Deleted user August 20, 2019

Hello,

I am having some difficulties changing the issue type in the service desk portal. Every time I click on the box it is greyed out. What I am trying to get at is to change the issue type from Incident to general request however proving to be hard.

Please see screenshot attached.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could provide me some piece of advice.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

missing the screenshot. Are you saying you want to change the name of a Request Type? You mention Issue type but they don't apply to portal or rather are not viewable in the portal where as Request Types are. You say the box is greyed out. Which box? In portal or in the application.

Deleted user August 22, 2019

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Please see screenshot mentioned below. The issue is i want to change the highlight (in green) from an incident to a request however it is greyed out. Is there another way of changing this? Im currently only doing this via the portal.

Screenshot 2019-08-20 at 13.49.35.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2019

that is what i was thinking you were running into. You cannot change the issuetype for a request type. you must create a new request type using the desired issuetype. Without getting into a lot of detail here, the basic reason is that the associated workflows and other configurations may be different and JSD can't reconcile these automatically.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events