I can not open Jira locally

Alhajras Algdairy October 5, 2019

I have followed the steps to download Jira, and I want to download only Jira without the service disk. 

However, when I run the command

sudo ./atlassian-Jira-core-8.4.2-x64.bin

The installation will start and after it finishes I login to localhost:8080 and I find out that I have Jira service disk only without Jira core. 

The question is how to instrall Jira only? and if the service disk does include Jira core how can I run it? 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alhajras Algdairy October 8, 2019

It worked, the issue is with the documentation, during the documentation it says that I should just run the installer for the Core, Software and Service Disk. 

This made all the applications use the same port, 8080, what I have done is creating a new directory for each application and configuring the server.xml for each software. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2019

>The installation will start and after it finishes I login to localhost:8080 and I find out that I have Jira service disk only without Jira core

This is incorrect.  Jira Service Desk is an application that runs on top of Jira Core.  It can't work without Core.  If you're seeing Jira Service Desk working, you have Core working as well.

So, I am bit unsure of what you are looking for here.  My best guess is that you installed Jira Service Desk on this machine, and then tried to install Core separately, but not changed the ports, so the core install can't work while the JSD is still running and hence when you try to use it, you land on the JSD instance. 

Do you mean both should be in seperated projects? 

Because in the documentations you can run the core by using this command:

sudo /etc/init.d/jira start

I have also checked the server.xml file under the directory

/opt/atlassian/jira/conf and I have changed the port to a different one but no use I an still having the service disk instead. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

No.  I mean that you are already running Jira Service Desk, you've installed a second Jira and it won't run because you have not reconfigured it to use a different port.

You must have installed Service Desk, or you wouldn't be seeing it.  Why are you trying to install Core as well?

It worked, the issue is with the documentation, during the documentation it says that I should just run the installer for the Core, Software and Service Disk. 

This made all the applications use the same port, 8080, what I have done is creating a new directory for each application and configuring the server.xml for each software. 

Thank you 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2019

That is not what the documentation says.  It says you run the installer for the system you want, and if you've got Service Desk or Software, Core is included as part of it.

You don't need three applications either, you will get the best (and cheapest) installation from installing Jira Software and then adding Service Desk to it with "manage applications"

0 votes
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2019

Hi,

When did You download the installer? I remember one bug in atlassian site give wrong version installer instead last.

B.R.

Alhajras Algdairy October 5, 2019

Yesterday.

Suggest an answer