I can not click next in the "Map fields" portion of the .csv file import wizard. Please help.

Nick Strebel September 17, 2019

I have preformed the following steps:

Created .csv file with format:

summary,customfield
"testing1",option1

Next I selected that file in the CSV file import page,

Click Next

Select the project in the "Import to Project" drop down. (I created a test project for this import)

Clicked Next

I then Mapped the summary to "Recipients" and checked the "Map field value" checkbox.

I see the following messages:

Please note: A JIRA Summary field mapping is required to enable import.

Working with multiples

For issues with multiple attachments, versions, components or comments use multiple columns in your CSV file. Use either: Different column names like Attachment 1, Attachment 2 then map each column to a corresponding JIRA field, or use the same column name (they will be mapped to the selected field).

Custom fields

Existing custom fields must be global to all projects.

Sub-tasks

To import issues as sub-tasks define the column mapping for: Issue Id, Parent Id and Issue Type

The "Next" button is greyed out, and I can not proceed and I cant seem to figure out why.

Please help.

Thank you,

Nick

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2019

Hi Nick

When doing an import via CSV, the destination issue needs to have a value mapped to the summary field rather than the summary being mapped to another field, so you got the error "Please note: A JIRA Summary field mapping is required to enable import."

So per your example:

summary,customfield
"testing1",option1

You would want to map the "summary" column value "testing1" to the Summary field on the destination and the "customfield" value "option1" to the "Recipients" custom field in the project.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer