I am trying to set "Comment" field as being mandatory for a flow transition. Help?

Nicoleta Andreiana April 27, 2023

I have a small situation where in a flow transition I would like to make sure the user will add a comment. Problem is, it's possible the comment was added before the status was changed, so if I use the Validator path, they would have to add a new comment, which is overkill. However, if I use the Condition for the field to not be empty, they wouldn't even see the transition until a comment would be added, so that can be confusing. 

Question is: can I create a rule where if the Comment field is not empty, the transition is done with no further validation, but if the field IS empty, to pop-up a text informing the user to add a comment in order to change the status?

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

I would use a custom field for that. Put it on the transition screen make it required during the transition. You can also the the field as a search criteria. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events