I am looking to upload test cases from Excel to Zephyr

Jyothi Reddy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2020

I am trying to upload test cases from excel sheet to zephyr, and I am following the instructions from the below link

https://bitbucket.org/zfjdeveloper/zfj-importer/wiki/Home?_ga=2.84607321.1709934797.1576605643-1643769944.1576605643

When ever I am trying to upload, its giving me error. Can some one please help me here?

2 answers

0 votes
Jyothi Reddy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 8, 2020

Thanks for the reply.

I cannot recollect what was the error message. It was something like data formatting.

Now, when I’m trying to do it once again, I am getting 401 error.

yes, I’m using correct API token and email address. Please guide me.

Thankyou for your help.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

@Jyothi Reddy , 

If you get error 401 (Unauthorized), it means that the authentication was not successful.

Therefore, in order to proceed:

1. Double check the credentials you are using are correct. A quick way to do so is to authenticate a simple REST API call with the same email address and api token like in the following example (replace  <EMAIL-ADDRESS>, <API-TOKEN> and  <NAME> with the correct data):
    curl -u <EMAIL-ADDRESS>:<API-TOKEN> https://<NAME>.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/project/search
  2. Generate new Zephyr API Keys (Access and Secret keys) to be used with the importer.

Cheers,
Dario

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2020

Hi @Jyothi Reddy ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you kindly let us know what is the error message returned while trying to upload?

Also, can you confirm you use the Email Address and API Token to authenticate instead of username and password?

Cheers,
Dario 

Suggest an answer