I am getting this error when creating a sub-task Error creating issue: Could not load FunctionProvider class

ChelmerL July 25, 2012

Hello beautiful people. I am trying to create a workflow so that the user creates a sub task off of a parent JIRA, and will continue to keep creating new children to that parent as time goes on. On my initial child JIRA, I am getting the error Error creating issue: Could not load FunctionProvider class.inDoes this have anything to do with the types of workflows that the parents and children have? Or is it because one has a field that the other one doesn't? The strange thing is that this error is happening in production and not in staging JIRA. In staging JIRA it works fine. Also, this is the log error that we are seeing Missing plugin 2012-07-26 08:42:12,766 http-80-1 ERROR rbirzin 522x245x1 k7ovzk 10.66.1.163 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa atlassian.jira.workflow.DefaultOSWorkflowConfigurator Could not load class 'securitylevel.jira.plugin.postfunction.SetSecurityLevelFunction'

but my IT guys says the plugins are the same in both staging and production. Has anyone seen something similar before? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Mason
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2012

The cause of this was that one of the post-functions on the "create issue" transition in the workflow for this issue type had a missing class "securitylevel.jira.plugin.postfunction.SetSecurityLevelFunction". This class should be provided by the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions plugin, but had been dissociated on this post-function in the workflow.

The solution was deleting and re-adding the post-function, after confirming this plugin was installed.

Suggest an answer