I Want to Hide the Creating Sub-Task option when the Ticket Comes to particular status in WorkFlow

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2018

Hi,

I have created an  service desk Project for that i have created an workflow in that i have an Status(Create----->Inprogress---->Validation----->closed) So when the ticket is in the "Validation" stage I want to hide an Sub-Task creation form the "More" workflow button.

I don't want any body to create a sub-task when the Ticket is  in  Validation stage.

Any suggestions Please let me know.

Thanks,

Phani

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

Hi ,

I have figured it out "HOW TO HIDE THE CREATE SUB-TASK FROM MORE WORKFLOW BUTTON AT PARTICULAR  STATUS IN JIRA TICKET" . To execute this need "Script Runner" Add-On.

so GoTo--->Admin Settings--->Add-On's--->Left Pannel List Script Runner--->Select Script Fragements--->Add New Item and Select 'Hide system or plugin UI element ' -----> In that in Hide What option select the "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issueoperations:create-subtask" ------> In Condition run this script given below

def currentStatus = issue.status.name

!(currentStatus == "Done") // instead of 'Done' put your status in which status you want to hide the Create Sub-Task

and Update it .  

That's It for me its working

Thanks,

Phani

Venkata Sagar August 1, 2022

Hi @Kumar ,

How can you define for specific project and issue type of the project

Thanks

Sagar

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2018

Hello Phani,

The functionality you are looking for can only be achieved by Scripting using the ScriptRunner plugin and configuring a condition like the one below:

- if ("Done".equals(issue.getParentObject().getStatus) ) { return false }

For more reference, you can check the discussion below and the documentation od ScriptRunner:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/How-to-prevent-subtask-creation-issue-creation-using/td-p/589749

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/quickstart.html

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2018

Hi @Petter Gonçalves thanks for you response, actually I'm at learning stage on Scripting. Can you please help me out regards my request the links that you have provided i'm little confused and I just want when the Parent Ticket comes from "In-Progress --->Validation" status in the Validation status i dont want to create anybody  creating the sub-tasks in that particular stage. Can you please provide me the Script for that.

Thanks,

Phani

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2018

Hi @Petter Gonçalves thanks for you response, actually I'm at learning stage on Scripting. Can you please help me out regards my request the links that you have provided i'm little confused and I just want when the Parent Ticket comes from "In-Progress --->Validation" status in the Validation status i dont want to create anybody  creating the sub-tasks in that particular stage. Can you please provide me the Script for that.

Thanks,

Phani

Suggest an answer