How would i be able to create a calculated field in Jira?

Kirsty Mcloughlin November 19, 2020

I would like to create a field in Jira that automatically populates with a value depending on the the values of other custom fields. Please see the attached picture. I would like to work out the cost of a resource depending on role, number of days, price per day and number of weeks required. 

For example; a Business Analyst is £360 a day, needed for 2 days per week for 10 weeks. So the total cost is £7,200.Jira snip 1.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Hi @Kirsty Mcloughlin 

This is possible but you would need an app like ScriptRunner for Jira for doing calculations.

In your case.

• Create field1 "Days per week"
  • Create field2 "Number of weeks"
  • Create a field3 "Roles" of type select list
  • Using ScriptRunner create a Scripted field called "Total cost" and you would need to write a script to perform this simple calculation.

Take a look at this page where you will also find examples.

Ravi

Kirsty Mcloughlin November 19, 2020

Thank you! 

Just another question, do yo have a script for adding the value in custom fields together? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

Suggest an answer